The SSSR Labs KOTELNIKOV is a digital voltage controlled wavetable oscillator module with morphing feature and built-in transient generator. This oscillator can generate a number of sounds with diverse spectral content and combine them in various proportions. Kotelnikov can be used as a usual oscillator in a traditional subtractive synthesizer system, but it is also possible to use it as a complete voice module as it features shaped timbres, envelope generator, and amplitude modulation.
Block Diagram (pdf)
- The sound engine sampling rate is locked to pitch and varies from 4.2 to 133 kHz, which gives very clear highs and uniform spectral content over the full range.
- The Pitch resolution is 6 cents and CV input sampling rate is 6 kHz, which gives smooth analogish FM-ready CV response.
- Analogue Amplitude Modulation input is bipolar, linear, rail-to-rail.
- User-updatable wavetables.
Kotelnikov contains 80 waveforms organized in 4 banks:
- DRUID: Collection of Electric Druid VCDO wavetables (used with permission)
- ATTACK: Interleaved dark/bright wavetables pairs
- HARMONIC: Frequency-relative sinewaves
- HD: Selected 12-bit wavetables
The firmware is written in Assembly language to ensure glitch-free operation and maximum working range.
The Transient Generator has 3 modes: AD/AR envelope generator or resettable LFO. Total time range of 0.4µs–10s is divided into 3 subranges. This generator is internally connected with FM and WM inputs, which helps you to achieve fluent, alive sound with no wires at all.
Last firmware version: 1.2
Version 1.2 features: Morphing in bank 4, improved software CV noise cancellation, memory of the last selected bank.